The Precipice

Now isn't this unfortunate folks, I am writing my second post, and already I cannot decide on a quote to use. Being this the case, I suppose I must, ahem, enlarge my list. Doing this will, of course, not help me in the long run, but it still sounds like a good idea. Here this goes. (Way too much later) Nope. I just cannot decide on a quote. Well, I'll just jump right into it. Okay. This week(Monday through Friday)  I was at Youth Camp. It was an amazing experience, and it was just what I needed right before the kids arrived. I felt that I was in the eye of the storm, the moment of peace before the hurricane. I did not have an easy year last year, and I am not expecting an easy one with the kids coming so soon. This time in between that I could devote undividedly to God was just really special. Right now Grandma is here, and we are doing *fun stuff* like weeding and preparing everything for the kids. I say this with sarcasm, but it must be allowed that it is not all bad and it is great to be doing all these chores with Grandma. About once a day I am skyping with my parents and the kids, and I am missing them. I sometimes feel like I just want to reach through the camera and hug them on the spot, which, unfortunately, I cannot do. (Hint hint the science minded people reading this post, you know who you are, need to come up with a teleport machine). My book is coming along rather slowly, because of all the other things I am also doing, such as science. I have thought of a quote now.
"The person, being gentlemen or lady, who has not pleasure in a good book, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen
I am reading Les Miserables, and although it is a dense read, it is very interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Posture of Surrender

July

Coffee and Summer