The Dawn of a New Schoolyear

"And the Sun took a step back, the Leaves lulled themselves to Sleep, and the Autumn awakened." - Raquel Franco

It is true that I know that Fall is still a week away, but I am simply too excited to wait that long for a Fall quote.  Just picture it... Warm scarves... smores... Crackling bonfires... Books... (The last word was supposed to be Boots, but Books is even better...) Waking up on a frostbitten morning and watching your breath in the air as it freezes... Foggy car windows... Pumpkin Spice... Rosh Hashanah... Sukkot... Singing and Dancing... And all things fall... Am I excited? Yes, yes. I am excited.  The past weeks have been rhythmical, calm, and new.


       School has once again taken hold of all our lives, and the workaday world seems but a step and a sigh away. And yet, the joy of order and reliability that these days afford is a treasure itself. A greater reward than that of a hectic, everywhere-at-once summer as I have just finished. No, to be sure, I am not complaining, and would not- could not complain of such a summer, for I enjoyed *almost* every minute of it. No, I am only rejoicing in order and, as I stated earlier, the rhythm of life.
 

      Having been behind writing my blog now a few weeks I feel guilty as my responsibilities pull me further from the task which I had given my word I would do. Now, as I pick up my (figurative) pen and begin this post, I find that the moments and memories I would have liked to record have all scattered and found their way to the longterm memory section of my brain, not to be released for years hence. Most likely when they are released, it will only be to evaporate into the mist of memory, never to be recovered.


     Luckily, I have a few recent moments still at my disposal. Here is the one I can most readily procure, as it happened last night. I had on a cleansing face mask. Doubtless, you know the kind of which I speak. I was sitting in the living room, watching the Dick Van Dyke Show when my mom walked in. She freaked out as she saw the mask, and almost fell over. It was the funniest sight in the world for me to see her like that. I think though, that I was the stranger of the two after all, for I was the one with the mask. We laughed and laughed for probably ten minutes.


      Anyway, that is the only one I feel like taking the time to share... So long, and thank you for reading this pointless pen scratch. Hopefully next week I will take less time glorying in the delight of fall.

A recent Watercolor of mine.


Shabbat Dinner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Posture of Surrender

July

Coffee and Summer