Cousins, Good Food, Snow, and Dolls

"I believe that the nicest and sweetest of days are not those which anything very splendid or wonderful happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls falling off a string." -L. M. Montgomery


   For the last three weeks, my schedule has been less than normal. That is to say; I have been doing delightful(if simple) things nonstop. Thanksgiving I went up to my Grandparent's house and nine family members who had previously not met Penka, Petra, Ivan, and Donka, met them. We had a lovely, relaxed and tasty Thanksgiving Dinner, and many things proved memorable.

   A favorite family (extended I mean) game of ours' is called Pictionary. It goes by several names. Each person has a stack of note cards and writes a sentence. Then you pass your pile to the person on your left, and the person on your right gives you their stack. You then draw a picture of their sentence. This process continues until the stack has been passed to every person, alternating between drawings and phrases. It comes out very funny. We had a great time playing that!

  Many of the cousins(including myself) went down to a track with some aunts and uncles and ran around, played very disorganized soccer, and played with Bea. That was a riot!
 
    I went home after Thanksgiving with my Aunt Anna and Uncle Ryan, and have been at their house for the past week and a half. I made paper dolls, and am crocheting things for all of my cousins. This trip has had occasion for many sweet conversations about all things dear to my heart, such as books, and books, and occasionally... more books.

  I am continuing my school during my stay here, and have gotten a lot of reading done for that. I have read the David Story, and The Book of Job, and tomorrow I start on Saint Augustine's Confessions. I had the idea to listen to Job yesterday while we decorated gingerbread houses but decided against it... hehe... as it is not the most suited to the mood of gingerbread.

   Today we made Chocolate Crackle Cookies and had a tea party. I am going to link the cookie recipe that I used here because I would give it five stars! It was amazing! I would make no alterations. We quadrupled the batch though.

   Yesterday we climbed the hill behind my Aunt's house, and I took some pictures. It was chilly, and there was about a fourth of an inch of snow on the ground. The sun was shining brightly, and the sky was clear and blue. It was stunning!

   One last thing I must note... I have(through my aunt) discovered a new AWESOME author! His name is P. G. Wodehouse, and his books are set in the early twentieth century. They are laugh out loud hilarious!

  I have been having so much fun these last two weeks... It is just wonderful to have a change! It poses something new to write about.
  
Some pictures:


                                                               Paper Dolls that I made




One of the Gingerbread Houses



A cool unfiltered shot


The illustrious tea party



On the trek

Disclaimer: Again, not my recipe!!! But VERY GOOD!!!
CHOCOLATE CRACKLE COOKIES RECIPE:
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chocolate-crackle-cookies-410130

Comments

  1. I am glad that I have these three weeks documented, because they have been really special!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Posture of Surrender

July

Coffee and Summer