Concerts and Stuff

"One of the poets, whose name I cannot recall, has a passage, which I am at this moment unable to remember, in one of his works, which for the time being has slipped my mind, which hits off admirably this age old situation." -P.G. Wodehouse
That's about how I feel about the quote I am looking for right now... It was something like "In times like these, one has only oneself to..." and then it ends, and my mind is singing opera and laughing hysterically whenever I ask it anything serious. So much for sense. 

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz! (Well, actually, we're off to see Texas, but wherein lies the flaw in this minor difference of word choice?) This has been a pretty crazy week(month, really, since I haven't posted) because we are all doing school, there events such as soccer, running, prom planning meetings, and piano, and mom is trying to finish up two weeks of school so that next week we can pack. Along with that, our anticipated car travel time in the next few days is eleven hours, and we need to pack. I am super busy! 

I went to an awesome concert on Sunday with my youth group, probably better than any other I've been to. The bands that were playing were Zach Williams, Natalie Grant, Social Club Misfits, For King and Country, Bethel Music, and Matthew West.
 In my opinion the most beautiful one was Natalie Grant, the coolest one was For King and Country, and the funniest one was Matthew West. Social Club Misfits are actually Christian Rappers, which was something that I wasn't used to, but it was really fun to hear them. Bethel Music was classic, and Zach William's songs were really fun. Anyhow, we got back at 1 am in the morning, and I haven't caught up on sleep since, what with Daylight Savings Time coming simultaneously. 

Enough about the concert though. In writing class, we get to write a five paragraph essay about any historical thing that we want. I am thinking of doing it on the Ghettos in Czechoslovakia during WW2,  and the Danes who were sent there. I am pretty excited about that!

Spring is finally here! I rebelled a few days ago from this cold weather and went out with a short sleeved shirt on and sandals at around 9 am in the morning to Anwyn's house. I'm not necessarily wishing to use this as an "It's all in your head" argument, but I assumed it was like 70* F, and I didn't feel cold. When I got there, I checked my computer, and it turns out that it was around 36*. Hmm. Anyhow, who knows.  All I know is that it didn't feel that cold. 

If anyone hasn't heard of them, check out Studio C. They are what's getting me by these days. A few good laughs makes the world go round. Here is one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQiGp618Zp8 

I should write more, but I want my next post to be about Texas, which is where I am right now. Anyhow, so long.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Posture of Surrender

July

Coffee and Summer