You're a Cowboy Like Me
"Never wanted love, just a fancy car." I have been singing the song, Cowboy Like Me , by Taylor Swift, quite a lot recently. I have found Taylor's latest album, "Evermore," to be filled with good and beautiful songs, and I really especially like Cowboy Like Me . Now the question is, "Why? Since when did I have any appreciation for Taylor's music, of all the music that there is?" I really don't know. I like the melody, I like the Western references, and I like the idea of a love that is not desired, but remains inescapable. This concept of love being a force too strong to reckon with is powerful and beautiful to me. I also like the imagery in the lyrics. I also have a lovely roommate, Abigail, who loves Taylor's music, and being able to discuss the lyrical depths in Taylor's music with her is fascinating to me. Music is a funny thing for me. Today someone in class asked me whether I liked country music. I answered, "No, as a gener...



Comments
Post a Comment