God's Gift of Change

"You're at your best with an ache in your chest 

And that worn out old song that you play" 

-Allison Krauss

It's been a while since I've been here, writing on the blog. I think I'm going to change that today, and do you know why? One, this is not going to be much read(at least for a while), and that will give me freedom to really voice my thoughts, and two, I have a lot of thoughts that need to be written. 

I am busy with school and life, but I've been trying to journal at least three times a week. I've been laughing often, listening to good music, and surrounding myself with good people. I miss my friends back in Washington, and I miss things that have passed, but I am learning each day that life brings the unexpected, and there is no sense in wanting to go back and have once more what has passed. I love to think back, cry a few tears, and pray a prayer of thankfulness for the life I've led so far, but I am happy now, happy to be here, to be learning, to be loved. And in all these things, I know that it is very important to embrace what God has given me each day and not to spend my time wishing for what isn't. I am going to keep going about my daily responsibilities, doing my best to honor God and to serve him, and finding the joy in everything that is in my life now. 

Life is temporary, moments are transient, each of us no more than a vapor on the earth, and yet our souls are eternal. I want to embrace the moments in this life with presentness, and be glad for what I have. 

I want to take advantage of every cold subway station, cafe, concert, book I get to read, and conversation I get to have. God's gift of change is heartbreaking, but beautiful. It contrasts the perfection of fulfillment and permanency in Christ. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Posture of Surrender

July

Coffee and Summer