Just Piano Bench Thoughts

I think that as much as I knew the fact, I still underestimated the absolute joy of being back on campus and back into the flow of things as the semester sets in. Although there is often stress, just the joy of being able to do something and have it be something I am wholeheartedly passionate about fulfills me. There is something very sweet about life in the dorms, and I want to enjoy it to the fullest while I have the opportunity. My roommate Abigail and I were just talking about this last night how it was like that part of Anne of the Island where the young girls at college all lived together in their quirky little house. I love that aspect of this part of my life, because it is communal and sweet. 

As a music major, I spend quite a bit of my time seated in front of a piano bench, staring at the black and white keys. I wish I could get in the zone of playing my instrument by just sitting down. That would make my life easier. Instead, usually the minute I sit and begin to play, my brain begins to process my emotions. I suppose it is a kind of therapy, playing music to help myself feel things I have been confused about. I have a habit of sending a video message to my friend when this happens, and she has coined it, "just piano bench thoughts." Perhaps that is a definable part of myself- The ability not only to express my thoughts but also my feelings through playing music. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Posture of Surrender

July

Coffee and Summer